Wednesday, June 6, 2007

"ALMOST ... BUT NOT QUITE"

10 months after my ex-boyfriend jumped me from within the sallow green walls of Lung Center to whisk me off to Baguio and back for a shanghai-type proposal in his car, I am neck-deep in wedding paraphernalia and ideas (unwittingly collected from a dozen bridal fairs and well-meaning friends and acquaintances)


I never expected the complexity of planning a wedding nowadays ... esp. if you're an OC bridezilla, incapable of not personalizing most of the details :-) But on some days, even the staunchest bridezillas get headaches :-)


On those days, I take a look at this picture taken by my sister and take a breather. I take stock of the important things and immerse myself in the wellsprings of love and laughter in my life - you know, House MD, shopping, soft, moist bibingka, creamy hot cocoa, Brad Pitt and Jude Law, to name a few :-) I remind myself (forcefully, sometimes!) that it is our wedding and not anybody else's. I tell myself that perfection is not the goal. Providing unforgettably happy moments for us and our guests is. Almost there ... but not quite yet :-)

No comments: