Thursday, June 7, 2007

MY GOWN and MS. V ;-)

Admittedly, I classified my wedding dress in the lower half of my budget list - I wasn't too keen on spending for something that will be worn only once - but as my h2b pointed out (with just enough snottiness to make me want to inflict bodily harm on his person) - hiring top-notch photo-video suppliers ups the bar on looking (and feeling) our best on D-Day ... and so commenced the seemingly neverending story of my search for THE gown ...

I painstakingly browsed through nearly all the bridal magazines on the planet and scoured the galleries of top wedding designers from all over the world ... only to end up picking a gown from a Hollywood tabloid ... darn it :-)

Who'd have thought I'd find the perfect blending of all I wanted in one Oscar dress? Flowing lace, daring back, a short train and most importantly, provision for invisible tummy support? ;-) With just a few minor adjustments, this was it for me :-)



Next ensued the search for the perfect gown designer - I'm not picky - all I need is somebody with a good eye for what will work for my body type, someone with the courage to tell me if something I'm insisting on will make me look frumpy. To cut to the chase ... I found all these attributes in Veluz, a much-sought-after designer in the w@w community. Of all the designers I visited, she was the only one I felt I could express myself with the most.

Here's Ms. V's initial sketch for me ... :-) (I opted to add a bolero to look a little more demure, at least for the church ceremony ;-))

No comments: